Tuesday, October 1, 2013

On the first day of October...

I have my moments of missing fall. Seeing pictures of the changing leaves and sweaters and tights makes me have those brief moments of longing for that. But today in Okinawa, October 1, I took a little drive with a friend, swam in the ocean, lounged in the sun, and collected approximately three pounds of sea glass. And it was glorious. Fall is great and all, but at this moment I am so grateful for extra long summers in Okinawa. I am a summer girl at heart. 

My friend Sherry and I found this spot a few months ago, and it is one of our favorite little hideaways. We like to be ultra cheesy so we decided to call it "Shipwreck Cove" because there's always all these random things washed up on the shore: shoes, bottles, and also coconuts, which do not grow on Okinawa, which means they're being washed up from who knows where out in the Pacific.  It's also where I go to stock up on sea glass per my mother's request because it's a sea glass gold mine down there on the shores of Shipwreck Cove! 

^^looks like a sea glass baby^^^

 The beauty on this island is unreal. October 1st was a good day.

Anyway, happy October everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Please oh pretty please let me have some of that sea glass!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest swimsuit and that glass!! you live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS