Friday, September 27, 2013

Babysitting Conversations

Victor and I are playing mommy and daddy this weekend! We're babysitting two pretty cute kids from our branch/neighborhood, and it sure is a wake up call to see how different our lives will be with kids, but I would say that luckily it's not turning me off to the whole mommy thing. Maybe it was because of this sweet moment that happened at bedtime prayer tonight:
Yeah. It made me swoon a little.

And in true "kid's say the darndest things" fashion, here are some of my favorite quotes that have come from the four and a half year old in the last 24 hours.

"Have you ever had a baby?"
Me: "Nope, not yet."
"Well, it breaks your stomach when you have a baby. Just so you know."

"Does your husband work at the hospital or at a different clinic?" (her dad's a dentist, so she must assume that every guy is a dentist)
Me: "He doesn't work at the hospital. He does stuff with computers."
"I don't think that's a real job."

Scene: at dinner and witnessing Victor's hearty appetite.
"How much food can you fit in your mouth???"
Victor: "A lot."
Ha ha ha ha.

There's still a few days to go. Stay tuned for more gems.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This is awesome. I'm glad you aren't turned off to parenting. Sounds like you guys will enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl is right, having a baby does break your stomach, but I won't go into details for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS